“And she said, as the Lord thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.”
1Kings 17 : 12
The seed is one of the greatest mysteries on earth. There is a seed for a particular tree/fruit. The quality of the seed you sow combined with the quality of the surrounding environment/soil determines the quality of your harvest. It’s often said that we reap what we sow, but in actual sense, we reap more than we sow. If that is not the case, then the same tree planted several years ago will not keep producing multitude of fruits years after it was planted. This is even more true in our daily lives. The seeds we sow speak into generations to come. The things we do or do not do often affect not just us but also the people around us.
The same is true with the blessings of God. Many of us are yet to understand how to touch the mighty hand of God that brings blessings. The Grace, Salvation and Love of God are absolutely unconditional, and that’s why we always receive certain daily privileges. However, the blessings of God are absolutely conditional. Deuteronomy 28: 1-13.
What are the mysteries behind the seed?
1. You cannot be blessed without a seed. Genesis 27: 1-4 . Your seed is the gateway to the blessings of God.
2. The only way out of poverty/lack is by sowing seeds. 2 Chronicles 7: 5-2, Genesis 4:4, 2 Samuel 6:14, Proverbs 11:24.
3. There is a seed for every life situation. Ecclesiastes 3:2b, Genesis 8:22.
4. Your seed attracts perfect gifts from God. Luke 5:1-11, John 21: 1-11, James 1:17.
5. Your seed is meaningless if your heart doesn’t totally belong to God. Luke 5:11.
6. Your seed will either “kill” you or bless you. Eating your seed ultimately brings “death”, sowing your seed
brings life. 1 Kings 17: 12 , John 12:24.
7. You only know the size of your seed, you can never know the size of the yield. 1 Kings 17: 18- 24.
8. A Seed will speak whether you expect it to speak or not. 2 Kings 4: 8 – 17
9. The same seed will speak for several years to come. 2 Kings 4: 18-37.
10. Your life is the ultimate seed.
– OluGbenga Odeyemi